Out of respect to our friends, Sweetser does not sell or exchange donor mailing lists. We only collect information to process your donation and to acknowledge your gift.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Sweetser Gather?
The information Sweetser learns from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your online experience. Here are the types of information Sweetser gathers.
- Information Provided By You: Sweetser receives and stores any information you enter on Sweetser.org or give to Sweetser in any other way. You may choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the features. Sweetser uses the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our web site, and communicating with you, the customer.
- Automatically Received/Retrieved Information: Sweetser receives and stores certain types of information whenever you interact with Sweetser.org. For example, like many Web sites, Sweetser.org uses "cookies," and Sweetser obtains certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Sweetser.org.
- E-mail: If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact Sweetser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information from Other Sources: Sweetser.org might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that Sweetser transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of all Sweetser.org features (including online donations), and Sweetser recommends that you leave them turned on.
Does Sweetser Share the Information It Receives From Me? If so, what information?
- Third-Party Service Providers: Sweetser may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on Sweetser's behalf. Examples include, but are not limited to, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. Such third-party providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but they may not use it for other purposes.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- Sweetser works to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- Sweetser reveals only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, Sweetser transmits the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information.
Are Children Allowed to Use Sweetser.org?
Sweetser does not offer products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may donate to Sweetser only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
What Our Donors Are Saying
I like the fact that my gift is helping children who need a better chance in life. Sweetser has been doing a good job with kids and making a difference for many years. My mother contributed to Sweetser for many years and I continue this support. -Wesley Ford